AND IT LOOKS like we're getting a second one, smoking distance from the first. Here's what's known about the marijuana dispensary already open for business in Atwater Village:
- Friendly Collective (sometimes LA Collective)
- 3405 Glendale Blvd., Suite B
- Operating since February 2009, perhaps earlier
- Open 7 days a week (10am to 8pm Mon-Sat, to 6pm Sun)
- Has a Money Back Guarantee: "Purchase one of our two highest grade medications ($30/gram) with a money back guarantee. If you try the medication and don't care for it, you can return 75% of the original quantity and get 100% of your money back"
- Owned by Joseph Ron Ramirez, according to Los Angeles City Clerk
- Cited by the City for failing to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy, which may include installing wheelchair access and on-site parking, like a "drugstore" would have
A reader confirms (on 4/20, no less): "It's going to be a medical marijuana pharmacy! Is that really what we need to bring change to the village? Unbelievable. All that time the Leasing sign was posted I was hoping for a nice cafe, deli, book shop, anything besides a bloody marijuana pharmacy!"
Now, what about that new brownie place...