November 7, 2008

LA Times Likes 'Hip,' 'Upscale' Viet Noodle Bar

FROM THE LOCAL daily newspaper's (website's) roundup of Best banh mì shops in Southern California:
Viet Noodle Bar (3133 Glendale Blvd.) - "Far more upscale (and pricey) than the traditional Little Saigon banh mì shops, this hip vegan-friendly Atwater Village restaurant has five bánh mì to choose from: white fish and dill, shiitake-tofu, lemon-grass organic chicken, spicy sardine and vegan tofu basil. It doesn't make its own baguettes but has them made from its own recipe at a San Gabriel bakery. Stay for dessert: The fresh ginger soy curd alone is worth the trip." (323) 906-1575, $5.75-$6.75.

6 comments:

Kendyl Young said...

ok, I went on the basis of this article. I love me some good Vietnamese Sands! I must say, the sand was awesome, but the price was beyond outrageous!!! I am not a big person and I left that place looking for something to eat somewhere else. If you just want a great taste experience, then give it a whirl, but if you are actually hungry, move along. File this under "been there, done that, don't need to go again."

philpalm said...

Fortunately your Atwater Beat is not too large. Looks like I will be visiting here more since I didn't make Miliant Angelenos' friend list.

When are you going to drop the Newbie part of your name? You are getting to be a good writer...

Miles said...

getting? always has been,in my humble opinion.

Will Campbell said...

Let me second Miles' comment. Phil may have meant well, but this has never been Atwater Village Hack. Stay newbie AVN!

AVN said...

Thanks for your kind words! I suppose I'll stop being a "newbie" when this great city of ours stops surprising me. Won't be any time soon.

Lulu said...

I'm sure he enjoys the acronym of AVN as it also stands for Adult Video Network. If he dropped the Newbie he'd just be Adult Video...