- "Canele is already off to a very appealing start in a neighborhood starved for places that get it right." [Los Feliz Ledger]
- "If this were your dinner party, and your kitchen guru of choice is Julia rather than Marcella or Madhur, this is the kind of food worthy of the good china." [LA Weekly]
- "Open only a few weeks, it's still green, but Canele could be just what's needed to rev up the neighborhood." [LA Times]
- "A very encouraging and tasty start for Canele. Can't wait to return!" [Miles Think]
- "Food was well prepared but the menu just didn't seem inspired to me." [Chowhound]
BONUS: Daily Candy posts chef Corina Weibel's pissaladiere recipe.