After a walk down the entire length of Wilshire Blvd. - with no training or preparation, except to buy a new pair of shoes - I admit I could walk a little more.
If I can stand up first.
The $40 New Balances kept my feet comfortable (and blister-free) but they couldn't protect my 36-year-old knees from 16.2 miles of Los Angeles concrete.
Good news: it only hurts to stand when I've been sitting a while, like when I'm at work or at the movies.
But really, how can I not go to the movies?
- The Madman Behind It All: We Did It!
- Do-It-Yourself Map: One Wilshire to the Ocean
- 325 Photos on Flickr: The Great Wilshire Walk
- More Photo Galleries: Here, Here, Here & Here
- More Fearless Tales: Here, Here & Here