February 13, 2009

The Best-Yelped Place in Atwater Village

CELEBRATING ITS FIRST anniversary this month, Atwater Village's 55 Degree Wine has quickly become a favorite in the neighborhood and on the review-anything site Yelp.com. More than 75% of Yelp reviews give the wine shop and tasting room 5 out of 5 stars.

Just a sample: "All I can say is that the this store got it RIGHT. I was actually excited to spend my money - and look forward to spending more.  The best part is that as I was driving home, I felt like I had been on a little teeny European vacation."

Mrs. Newbie and I stopped by last Friday night and have never seen the basement tasting room so crowded. (Might stick to weekdays from now on.)

Tomorrow for Valentines Day: 55 Degree Wine offers a 3-course spread of cheeses and such and a bottle of wine for $69 per couple.

No comments: