View What's Going on with Foothill Boulevard? in a larger map
WHEN THE NEWS came today about a vehicle driving into a structure on Foothill Blvd., I had an acute sense of deja vu. Foothill? Again? A search on the last year of Los Angeles Fire Department alerts revealed no fewer than 10 incidents along an 8-mile stretch of Foothill Boulevard:
- Sept. 4, 2009: 13700 W Foothill Blvd; Solo vehicle into (business?) with structural compromise.
- Aug. 21, 2009: 14040 W Foothill Blvd; 2 1/2 year old male fell from 2 stories.
- Aug. 18, 2009: 8935 W Foothill Blvd; Brush Fire, 2-3 Acres on Ridgeline.
- June 11, 2009: 11451 W Foothill Blvd; Reported fire in 1 acre of grass/brush in the Hansen Dam area, south of the soccer field.
- March 13, 2009: 15950 W Foothill Blvd; Male hiker fell approx. 50 ft down hillside, sustained multiple inj's, listed in critical cond. Hoisted out of canyon for tsp to hosp.
- March 7, 2009: 12950 W. Foothill Blvd; Structure fire, McDonalds restaurant, heavy smoke on arrival
- Jan. 16, 2009: 10411 W. Foothill Blvd; Physical Rescue, Traffic collision involving auto vs pwr pole. 1 person trapped.
- Nov. 18, 2008: 13947 W. Foothill Blvd; Air Ambulance, 2 y/o injured in traffic collision.
- Sept. 27, 2008: 11798 W. Foothill Blvd; Air Ambulance, Young female run over by horse.
- Sept. 19, 2008: 13142 W. Foothill Blvd; Reported traffic collision on the back side of dam in vicinity of hang gliders. Vehicle on side of hill.
But that doesn't explain all of it, least of all traffic collisions and restaurant fires. So what gives? Something in the air? Bunch of crazies living up there?