July 24, 2008

Free Sake at Kuma Sushi (Some Hoops Apply)

THE NEWLY RE-CHRISTENED Kuma Sushi (formerly Asia Bistro) (formerly Asia Los Feliz) spammed its mailing list with an offer for "free" sake. The hoops to jump through are as follows:
  • On Monday, July 28, take a printed copy of the email to Kuma Sushi, order a minimum of $20 for your table, and the restaurant will buy the table hot sake.
  • On Tuesday, July 29, take a printed copy of the email to Kuma Sushi, order a minimum of $20 for your table, and the restaurant will buy the table Nama (cold) sake.
  • On Wednesday, July 30, take a printed copy of the email to Kuma Sushi, order a minimum of $20 for your table, and the restaurant will buy the table a Salmon Carpaccio appetizer.
I loaded a screen capture of Kuma Sushi's email to this post. (I assume just showing your server the email on a Blackberry or iPhone probably won't cut it.)

Since Kuma Sushi revealed customers' email addresses in a CC instead of hiding them in a BCC, I figure it's OK to reveal the email.

Go get some "free" sake, dear readers, at 3179 Los Feliz Blvd.

1 comment:

Leonora Gershman said...

OMG, I wrote back to them immediately - I can't believe they didn't BCC. I expect to get an influx of invitations to bad stand-up comedy in Long Beach and easily defunct urban legends in my inbox.

That said, I do love the food there, so I can forgive this little snafu.

Thanks for checking in, Newbz!