October 16, 2007

If You Have Something Nice to Say...

...SAY IT ABOUT Atwater Village. Bekka Teerlink takes the east-side Art Crawl X down a few pegs, but makes mom proud with some kind words about our 'hood:
The one discovery I did make is the galleries in Atwater Village. That's what people should be checking out (well, except for JFerrari Gallery - they weren't open so I never got a glimpse.) All these galleries get points from me for being friendly and welcoming - as well as for having something great to look at. If I were in the mood to relocate my studio - that's where I'd go. (And I was told there are empty shops on that stretch aching to be made into more galleries and studios.) Luckily it's still close at only a mile away.
Yes, artists, fill up those empty shops! We could use a few more musicians, come to think of it. The Atwater Village mixtape has had enough Beastie Boys and Black Eyed Peas.

No comments: