April 20, 2008

Hugo's Tacos Moving Into Longs Realty Shack


View Larger Map
HAILING ALL THE WAY from Studio City, an "organic-friendly fast-food place," Hugo's Tacos, is opening a second location in Atwater Village this summer. It looks like they'll be taking over the Longs Realty building at 3300 Glendale Blvd., the one with the giant chalkboard advertising available properties with mostly legible scrawl that rarely seems to plan ahead for the right edge of the board.

The LA Times found Hugo's burritos "yummy" and the the menu tops out at $6. Could Hugo's give neighborhood fave Tacos Villa Corona a run for the money?

5 comments:

Marvin said...

I'm unsure if Hugo's will be able to compete with Villa Corona. Can Atwater Village support two taco places? I suppose time will tell....
Viva Villa Corona!!!

Miles said...

Villa corona does rock, but that sad shack of an empty real estate office sure did need to be replaced. I think we can all get along!

Lulu said...

Perhaps if Hugo's is open later than Tacos Villa Coronas it may be the perfect situation. I have always been bummed to find Tacos Villa Corona closed at 5pm. What's a person supposed to do when they want good 9pm tacos?! Don't even say Del Taco.

AVN said...

I will not even say Del Taco.

But I will say the taco stand at Fletcher and Larga.

atwatergrl said...

I've lived in atwater for 25 years (anyone remember Taco loco?) I've given Tacos Villa Corona a handful of tries, only to be disappointed EVERY SINGLE TIME- I'm looking forward to Hugo's !!