A NEW RIVER project just around the bend from North Atwater Village kicks off tonight with a community meeting.
LA River: Glendale Narrows RiverwalkDesign of Phase I of the Riverwalk is underway, with construction scheduled to begin late 2010. Highlights of Phase I include:
Thursday, Feb. 18, 7:00pm
Pacific Community Center
501 S. Pacific Ave., Glendale
- Half-mile recreational trail for pedestrians and bicyclists.
- Half-acre pocket park at the west entry of the LA River at Paula Avenue and Garden
- Street with parking for 6 cars
- Equestrian staging area open to the neighborhood
- Equestrian ramp that will provide access from the parking area to the trail
- Staging area in the park for pedestrians and bicyclists
- Picnic and recreational area east of the I-5 crossing
- Entry trail head at Flower Street