TECHNICALLY THEY'LL be working in the neighboring neighborhood of Glassell Park, but chances are cast and crew of All My Children could find themselves enjoying the nearby amenities of Atwater Village, conveniently located on the way to work from whatever westside and/or Los Feliz housing accommodations they may have.
The soap opera moves production out of New York City and into northeast Los Angeles at Andrita Studios, 3030 Andrita St., starting January 2010. Here are a few tips to help Susan Lucci and friends adjust to the NELA lifestyle:
- Early-morning carb load? Potato breakfast burritos at Tacos Villa Corona, 1.4 miles from the studio.
- Your go-to lunch dish: arroz con pollo at Baracoa Cuban Cafe, just 1.5 miles away.
- Sweat it off a block up at Bikram Yoga Silver Lake.
- Car need work? Have your PA drop it with Luis Lopez Automotive, just half a mile down Fletcher Drive.
- Dinner? Canele. Duh. 1.3 miles. Take the community table up front and wait for TMZ.
- After-work "script meetings," basement at 55 Degree Wine, 1.8 miles, free parking.
- After-work unwinding, dive-bar style, Club Tee Gee.
- After-work unwinding, vampire style, The Griffin.
- Late-night munchies, tacos at Fletcher and Larga.
More about AMC's move from Franklin Avenue.