JULY 9 gang raid in North Atwater Village is being hailed, not least of all by the raiders themselves, as an unqualified success. The numbers, from Northeast LAPD:
- 21 locations searched
- 19 suspects arrested (murder, attempted murder, narcotics trafficking, weapons violations)
- 2 additional arrests on scene (weapons violations)
- 63 firearms confiscated (48 in one house alone)
- 3 ounces of meth/cocaine confiscated
- 32 ounces of marijuana confiscated
Key to the long-term success of the raid will be preventing rival Rascals gang from filling gaps where Toonerville once reigned.
Involved agencies were Los Angeles Police Department, LA County Sheriff’s Department, City Councilman Eric Garcetti, Glendale Police Department and Drug Enforcement Agency.