September 18, 2008

Glenoaks Blvd. is a Prettier Drive Than San Fernando Rd.

THERE ISN'T MUCH to appreciate about these recent San Fernando Road closures. For the glory of something called the Fairmount Avenue Extension Project my commute from Atwater Village to Burbank (ish) is bottlenecked to one lane each way. Sometimes the SFR is just plain closed.

Enter my detour, via Glenoaks Blvd. and Pacific Avenue. Where once were train tracks and day laborers, now I see palm trees and senior citizens. From strip clubs to Starbucks.

Yes, another Starbucks.

Hmm, maybe I should just take the 5.

2 comments:

Sunroom Desk said...

You'll pass two Starbucks up Pacific and across Glenoaks to Burbank. Pacific is quite a bottleneck itself around the 134. I catch Concord just north of Broadway and take it to Glenoaks.

AVN said...

Good point, Concord St. is a great alternative, even though it's a little stop sign-y.