March 10, 2010

RIP: Violet Willow Boutique (2008-2010)

ANOTHER BOUTIQUE along central Atwater Village's main drag calls it quits, this time over lease negotiations. Retail landlords, where are your heads at? Violet Willow, 3127 Glendale Blvd., sent the bad news to customers yesterday:
"I am very sad to tell you that Violet Willow will be closing in Atwater Village. It has been a great 2 years and I am so blessed to have been given the opportunity to know all of you. I feel that you are not only our customers but also our friends.

"We tried to negotiate new lease terms, but unfortunately we could not. We fought a good fight until the end but all negotiations fell through and we had to close our doors suddenly. We are on the search for a great new location and plan to open hopefully in the near future.

"The internet site will be available and I will be doing the Glendale and Pasadena flea markets. You can also give me a shout out on my blog."

No comments: