June 7, 2007

Atwater Chatter


NEWS FROM IN AND AROUND this funny little flat neighborhood along the Los Angeles River:
  • Iron Yourself a New Shirt - "My pal Mike... opened up the coolest little shop in Atwater called Iron." [If the Birds Knew]
  • Putting the Pee Back in Canele - "The first thing we heard when we were being seated put us off a bit - one of the waitresses announced, to no one in particular, and loudly, 'I GOTTA GO TAKE A PEE!'" [Atwater Village Is for Lovers]
  • GrogMog Bar Review: The Roost - "This post was written while I was shitcanned. This review has been edited for brevity, but not for content." [Ogmog.com]
  • SoyCafe Expanding Across River - "Viet's opening a new restaurant in Atwater Village in the fall. It will be much roomier. Don't worry, the original will stay open." [The Veggiefoodie]
  • Needlessly Polite Memo to Best Buy - "Your Atwater Village Best Buy store... glibly suggested that it was my fault and that I should have handled my computer with more care." [Adventures and Ramblings of Nectar Queen]

No comments: