June 16, 2010

Jamming in South Atwater Village

A VICTIM OF the United States Postal Service posts on the AVNC forum: "Is anyone else having problems with our mailman (south Atwater)? Today I arrived home to find our mailbox completely destroyed inside the house. This is because he continues to forcibly jam as much mail as possible into the small mail slot at once, rather than a few pieces at a time (like a normal person would). I get that he has a lot of houses to visit, but a little patience on his part would have saved me from having to replace my mail slot and fix the interior wall. I'm going to complain to the postmaster (for whatever good that'll do), but wonder if others have a similar experience so I can be armed with more information."

6 comments:

Lulu said...

That is horrible! As if anyone even needs all those grocery store advertisements? My mailman puts in what fits and leaves the rest on the porch.

xulitron said...

i love that little mailman that delivers around glenfeliz. little grandpa looking with safari hat and shorts, i just feel like hugging him. hope it's not him!

alvie said...

Last year I opted out of receiving mail inserts from pennysaver and red plum. These two companies account for an enormous amount junk mail that I had no interest in receiving. You can go to their respective websites and remove yourself from their mailings. Long story short, the mailman would simply unload the same inserts without even reading their addresses. I complained a number of times including calling the 800 USPS telephone number. Within a weeks time of my complaint, two garden sculptures we re stolen from my porch. I don’t have proof but in 10 years in the Village I have never been burglarized. I don’t think the incident was a coincidence.

Unknown said...

xulitron - that sounds like Harry. He's retiring later this year - before Christmas, from what he said. He's quiet, but sweet. I've never had problems with my mail like that from Harry.

Unknown said...

I have Harry as well. And as much I as I like him (he said I had the nicest post box on the street when I first moved in) he is a TERRIBLE mail man. I have a giant box that I got because I'm out of town on and off for a few days and he never puts the mail in the box. He always leaves it hanging out. I could let it go for a week and have enough room but he won't do it. I can't wait for him to retire.

tom Neely said...

That is crazy! I get the same cramming, but luckily no damage, yet. I miss Dee. She was a very nice mail-person, but I don't know where she went.