- Atwater Village Neighborhood Council considering whether "anonymous" online forum users need to be vetted in person: http://bit.ly/ct3wl5 (They'd never approve this blog, eh?)
- "Pick up a fresh baguette, flaky croissant and shot of espresso... plus the doughnut muffin" ... Village Bakery & Café: http://bit.ly/dj8Je0
- 25 years ago Atwater Village residents petitioned to close ""smelly, dangerous" tunnels ... Now, are some re-opening? http://bit.ly/d5Pl4P
- Sat what? Deaf tourists have car towed from Hollywood to yard in Atwater Village: http://deaftimes.com/usa-l/is-anyone-listening/
- What it's like in the kitchen at Canelé, by one of the "friends" who "cook," J. Paul Higgins, on the Bon Appetit blog: http://bit.ly/9TIAqm
August 31, 2010
RECENT NEWS too small to blog, too big to ignore, from the Atwater Village Newbie Twitter feed:
August 30, 2010
A NEW WEBSITE for reviewing dog-friendly establishments has only one restaurant listed for Atwater Village. Dogs are welcome at the outside tables at Hugo's Tacos, 3300 Glendale Blvd., the site says. But it's missing at least one other: The Village Bakery & Cafe, 3119 Los Feliz Blvd., where pooches are often perched next to sidewalk diners. Any place else in AV that's this canine-friendly?
August 26, 2010
FROM ONLINE coupon aggregator The Deal Map:
- 55 Degree Wine, 3111 Glendale Blvd. - $50 gift certificate for only $20 at Restaurant.com (Valid only at wine bar and tasting cellar, not wine and beer store; minimum purchase of $100, 18% gratuity added prior to discount)
- Indochine Vien, 3110 Glendale Blvd. - $25 gift certificate for only $10 at Restaurant.com (Dine-in food only, minimum purchase of $45, 18% gratuity added prior to discount)
August 25, 2010
Summer Nights on the Boulevard, Thursday, August 26, 6:00pm to 10:00pm in the 3100 block of Glendale Blvd., with fun stuff including:
- Community organization booths
- Businesses open late
- DJ and live music all along Glendale Blvd.
- Ice cream social at Hugo's Tacos, 3300 Glendale Blvd.
- Handwriting analysis at Revo Cafe, 3134 Glendale Blvd.
- Dog-treat bake sale at Woof Dog Boutique, 3172 Glendale Blvd.
August 19, 2010
FROM A READER in South Atwater Village today:
I wanted to give you a heads up about vandalism this morning on Garden Ave between Tyburn and Glendale.Anyone else spot the mess? Anyone leave their paint supplies out overnight?
It looks like the house on the corner of Tyburn and Garden was being repainted, and someone took a roller of paint and tagged the wall of that house, then went up the block and painted over several car windows.
Seems fairly random, but looked like they got 5 to 10 cars on the block. They only painted over the windows, so I guess they were considerate vandals?
August 7, 2010
JUST IN CASE things are too ... slow ... here on the Newbie blog, here are a few other good places to get updates on Atwater Village:
August 2, 2010
ACCORDING TO a hyperlocal review at Citysearch (re-published on Huffington Post), these are best places to eat in Atwater Village:
- Atwater Grill, 3143 Glendale Blvd
- Tacos Villa Corona, 3185 Glendale Blvd
- Canele, 3219 Glendale Blvd
- Baracoa Cuban Cafe, 3175 Glendale Blvd
- Viet Noodle Bar, 3133 Glendale Blvd
- Sweets For The Soul, 3169 Glendale Blvd
- Village Bakery & Cafe, 3119 Los Feliz Blvd
- Kaldi Coffee & Tea, 3147 Glendale Blvd
- Tam O'Shanter Inn, 2980 Los Feliz Blvd