- July 9 - Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971)
- August 13 - Young Frankenstein (1974)
- September 10 - E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
June 30, 2010
June 29, 2010
- Crepe'n' Around: Wednesday June 30, 7:00pm to 10:00pm
- FrySmith: Saturday July 3, 1:00pm to 4:00pm
- Grilled Cheese Truck, Wednesday July 14, 7:00pm to 10:00pm
- Nom Nom Truck, Wednesday July 21, 7:00pm to 10:00pm
- Cupcakes a GoGo: Wednesday July 28, 7:00pm to 10:00pm
- LA FuXion: Wednesday August 4, 7:00pm to 10:00pm
June 23, 2010
June 21, 2010
NO FLYING CARS just yet, but Los Angeles city government is at least going futuristic with its latest citizen reporting mechanism: iPhone apps. So reports the LA Times:
"It's like having a city official in your pocket," said John Chuldenko, who recently used the app to report graffiti he spotted while strolling through his Atwater Village neighborhood. He was floored when the graffiti was gone a week later. "I've never been the type to report all these things," Chuldenko said. "But now that it's so easy, I do it all the time."In addition to council district 13 residents using the "Garcetti 311" iPhone app, citizens all over LA can report graffiti and other city government issues the old-fashioned way by calling 311.
June 16, 2010
June 12, 2010
REMINDER: The Atwater Village Centennial Street Festival, marking 100 years since a field of poppies became a genuine subdivision (named after Harriet Atwater Paramore), is Sunday, June 13, 2010, 11:00am to 4:00pm in the 3100 block of Glendale Blvd. Expect the usual: food, music, dance, arts, crafts, family fun, entertainment, all your neighbors out and about.
June 9, 2010
June 3, 2010
- Wednesday June 9, 7:00pm to 9:00pm: The Grilled Cheese Truck is parking at 55 Degree Wine, 3111 Glendale Blvd.
- Saturday June 12, 8:30pm: Famous actor Joel McHale introduces a performance of Violators Will Be Violated, Atwater Village Theatre, 3269 Casitas Ave., and hosts a party to help send the show to the New York International Fringe Festival this August.
- Sunday June 13, 11:00am to 4:00pm: Atwater Village Street Festival, celebrating neighborhood's centennial, 3100 block of Glenadale Blvd.
- Sunday June 13, 11:30am: Return of the Homemade Cookie Contest (check out 2007's winner) during the Atwater Village Street Festival, 3100 Block of Glendale Blvd. Prizes awarded at 1:30pm.